Thursday, November 6, 2008

another wonderful presents


in relation to Mrs. Thompson and Teddy story...


i was stood silence as a grave yard after i read this story. i never thought it will be such this beautiful. it keeps reminds me of the school i've attended before.even though i'm not there for practical and nor for teaching them, but they still appreciate me as a 'TEACHER' who they respect a lot. how noble this profession is. chocolate cake, roses, candies, frames and etc; that's what i got right on the teacher's day. coincidently, it was my birthday too. i was sad and extremely happy because i've never experience that in previous phases of my life. i was surprised. totally blank.i didn't teach them. i just enter the class and do some observations, chatting to get to know them and do some funny activities. perhaps, they see me as a funny chat-box and i'm young just like their sister. but there is another present. another wonderful present.

i found this girl, a chinese girl, she sat on the middle of the desk, in a row of three. before we entered the class, our supervisor warned us for not to ask or interrupt her. i was wondering why. the girl is quite weird. when we (my friends and i) do some activities, she never pays any attention to us. she is just like in her own world. her friends who sit next to her also didn't chat or interrupt her. but the stubborn in me won't let any mystery occupied my brain. then i interrupt. my colleague all gave a warning eye. but i stood still. then i went to that girl. i said, "Hye, i'm a new teacher here, what is your name?" then she replied without facing my face. then i asked her again, "Would you like to shake hand with me?", then she gave her hand without facing my face- again! i was so surprised. i was so eager to know what is happened to that little girl. i was then ask another teacher to give me some explanations. Autism. yeah, the girl is an autism. from what i understood, this girl likes to be in her own world, drawing, singing and because her IQ is quite excellent, the school placed her in that class. Oh! day by day, i tried my best to interrupt her and on the last day, she gave me a card with a power puff drawings in it- that's was her best drawing! i smiled to her. i never had this wonderful present. :)

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops"

~Henry Brooks Adams


No comments: