Friday, November 7, 2008

Oh my God!

I knew the presence of smart board when I was in Maktab but I never have the chances to explore it. Then came this course, we have to explore the smart board. 5 activities? Oh my God! It was a hard time for me to finish it. I was totally blank. The guidelines are given as quite what I said it, a helper.

1) Your font size should not be small but LARGE!

2) Times New Romans? Would it like to be the adorable font for kids? Oh no no!

3) Slow colour? Think of it!

4) Pictures should be damn CUTE? If cute but not relevant can be accepted ah? Of course not. It should be cute & relevant.

5) Activities should be related to one another.

6) Spacing- get 1.5 or multiple. Depends.

7) Fun! If it doesn’t create fun, redo.

I was doing the activities for Year 3 pupils on the topic of Money in Mathematics. I was squeezing myself to get more adorable pictures and relevant to my topic. More and more! Credit to Yahoo and Google, they are a lot of materials that I want is there. Using smart board is not that difficult if we have blue print on what we are going to do. Learning Objectives is important. Once you know your learning objectives, you’ll absolutely get the ideas sketched in your head.

Beyond all, I think smart board is really an astute, shrewd or anything that you want to name it, it deserves it. it’s just like a transformers of a blackboard but come in greater package for students. Blackboard is just there, a thing that pasted stiffly on the wall but smart board it just like a robot in which students can interact with it. Pupils on my own understanding, they like something that lively and related to their schemata- absolutely! Smart board is the answer.



*p/s: following the guidelines, I think my smart board activities is not that damn cute but adorable for Year 3 kids. :p

No comments: